Melrose Nameplate & Label Co. All Rights Reserved.
Our Quality Philosophy
Melrose is registrant with the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Standard and we prioritize continuous improvement.
Melrose looks at every quality issue as a chance to assess our systems and evaluate how we are implementing them. Quality issues are opportunities to improve and increase our competitiveness.
We use our corrective action system as a primary driver of improvement. This process includes an analysis of quality issues and determination of the root cause (i.e., systems or implementation issue).
Our team problem solves, and sign off on the corrective action. We find that this approach fosters team work, builds camaraderie, and results in the best solutions.
Melrose’s 2015/16 ISO 9001:2008 certificate can be viewed here
Quality & Testing
The following are the quality parameters Melrose manages most closely:
- Color control: Spectra colorimetry is used to measure and control color in the CIE LAB color space.
- Ink adhesion: Ink adhesion and durability are measured by cross hatch tape pull and hardness/abrasion testing.
- Dimensional: An optical comparator and micrometers are used to confirm dimensional specifications.
- Adhesive performance is assessed with respect to dynamic peel and static shear.
- Tactile response (feel) of a membrane switch button is measured by analyzing the amplitude, rise slope, and overall shape of the force displacement curve.
- Open/short tests are performed on circuits prior to assembly.
- The electrical resistance and function are assessed for each key and LED and associated with a unique part number in our electronic database prior to shipping.
- Dielectric strength high voltage tests identify marginal electrical conditions.
- Outdoor weatherability: An environmental chamber simulates outdoor conditions with alternating exposure of Xenon arc light (UV) and water spray.