Calculates manufacturing costs based on analysis of project specifications, pricing schedules for labor and materials, and historical data. Estimates material and labor costs for manufacturing projects in response to requests for proposals. Communicate frequently with customer engineers, other design engineers, manufacturing partners overseas, and material suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimates material and labor costs for manufacturing projects based on customer engineering drawing.
- Able to read complex engineering drawings and understand manufacturing processes.
- Understand manufacturing processes in screen printing labels and membrane switch industries.
- Calculates costs based on analysis of project specifications, pricing schedules for labor and materials, and historical data.
- Extensive detailed communication with customer engineers, manufacturing partners, and material suppliers.
- Make suggestions on design based on best manufacturing processes at most cost effective.
- Analyzes post-production costs and uses data to inform future project estimates.
- Manufacturing Engineering Design background helpful.
- Able to create or edit minor design changes on CAD.
- Multitasking working on several projects at the same time.
- Prioritize and maintain the status of multiple projects.
- Prior 2+ years experience in custom manufacturing estimator experience.
- Superior in analytical thinking and understand of concepts of much different manufacturing processes.
- High expectations in engineering thought and manufacturing planning.
- Details-oriented and fast learner.
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is most of the time sitting down and calculate, often time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee will require to communicate and observe/ analyze actual production processes.