Sales Manager will oversee and lead the activities of the Melrose Sales Department. The ideal candidate will create a sales vision and strategy based on creating maximum value and differentiation within existing and target accounts. Melrose is looking for the perfect individual to align our Sales, Marketing, and Operational teams to showcase our custom engineered solutions and products.
- Mentor and coach existing sales staff to assist them in realizing their highest potential for performance and results.
- Lead training and onboarding for new sales personnel as the organization grows.
- Work with existing metrics, while further developing KPIs to better align strategy and results.
- Assess activities, goals, and key account trends to ensure all resources within the sales organization are aligned to support new business growth.
- Ensure the current strategy for key account retention is robust and consistent while working to increase Melrose brand awareness across the entire customer base.
- Conduct employee evaluations that are timely and constructive to acknowledge strong performance, while always setting new goals that drive growth for both individuals and the organization.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provides leadership to the sales team through regularly scheduled meetings.
- Motivates and encourages the sales team to ensure quotas are met.
- Reviews and analyze sales, operational records, and reports; use data to project sales, validate opportunities and value within the sales funnel, and identify potential new markets.
- Identifies and analyzes customer behaviors to properly direct sales efforts.
- Manages territories and sets quotas for sales teams.
- Consult with potential customers to understand their needs and determine how Melrose is uniquely positioned to assist them; identify and provide solutions whose value is greater than the cost of the part.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies. Contributes in both strategy and content to Marketing initiatives that will further strengthen the Melrose brand in the markets we serve.
- Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Acts as company representative at trade shows and association meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or a related field
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience
- At least three years of sales management experience
- Responsible for a local bay area sales territory, working directly on specific accounts to strengthen Melrose’s engineered solutions position within the region. This will be key account-focused and the Sales Manager will leverage all of Hayward’s resources to align with local market needs.
- Travel for both local and key national accounts, as needed.