Melrose Nameplate & Label Co. All Rights Reserved.
REDUCING INVENTORY AND LEAD TIME
Melrose's uses assembly postponement, inventory management, and digital methods to reduce our customer's inventory investment, lead time, and obsolescence risk.
Postponement: Melrose minimizes inventory costs and provides short lead times by printing large quantities and/or saving printing stencils, and postponing assembly until customer issues demand. Two benefits:
- If a part demand declines, losses are confined to the unassembled portion of the BOM.
- Assembly labor and material costs are not incurred until parts are required.
Inventory Management: The products Melrose manufactures are often low value but critical in our customer’s bill of material (BOM). Melrose can assist materials management staff by:
- Maintaining inventory in our factory, shipping within 24 hours of customer demand (often a Kanban bin).
- Managing inventory at the customer’s site. Melrose representatives can manage customer's inventory to stipulated reorder points, order-up-to levels, or EOQ (economic order quantity).
Digital Methods: Melrose utilizes digital processes extensively in our Hayward factory. Our goal is economic order quantity (EOQ) of 1.
- Printing: Melrose produces roll to roll and sheet fed parts on digital printing presses. These process have no tooling costs, short setup times, and are economical for small to medium production.
- Cutting: Melrose's uses digital cutting (laser, plotter, router) for our sheet fed products, and in line digital cutting for roll to roll processing. No tooling and short setup with these processes..
Melrose minimizes costs by leveraging the capabilities and cost structures of our three factories (Hayward, California, and two factories in China. Customers find that Melrose can usually meet their cost objectives, while maintaining excellent engineering results and customer service.
Materials management experts are available from 6am to 5pm Pacific (M-F). Please call 800-826-7741 or e-mail us.
Our Hayward California factory:
- has the capability to manufacture most Melrose products. Customers appreciate the Hayward factory’s ability to quickly ship products quickly in emergencies or other tight-turnaround situations.
- 33000 square feet; located in Silicon Valley
Our two factories in China:
- together employ nearly 1000 staff members
- are in 16/5 communication with the Hayward factory.
All three factories are ISO 9001:2008 registered and produce parts for leading manufacturing companies serving the medical, telecommunications, test and measurement, food and petrochemical process, white goods, industrial electronics, machinery and transportation equipment markets -- among others.
Melrose has programs that reduce our customer's costs, reduce inventory investment, and lead times.
Materials management experts are available from 6am to 5pm Pacific (M-F). Please call 800-826-7741 or e-mail us. Materials management experts are available from 6am to 5pm Pacific (M-F). Please call 800-826-7741 or e-mail us.